Interbank holds monthly networking drinks at locations in the City and Canary Wharf. We have also held a networking event in Manchester and are looking at organising similar events in Scotland.
Details of how to sign up to attend will be posted a fortnight or so prior to each event taking place.
Next event – Interbank & Canary Wharf LGBT Networking Evening – The Royal Exchange, City of London
Following our extremely successful 15th Anniversary event last month, we
return to our regular networking evening, where Interbank would like to
invite all supporters on Thursday 19th October 2017 from 6.30pm at The
We will be located on the Mezzanine level (closest stairs by Tiffany’s) with
our own private bar and area.
Full details of the venue below –
The Royal Exchange
Bank, City of London
Please register for your complimentary ticket using the link below, but be
quick! Tickets are likely to sell out fast:
NB photos maybe taken at the event for future Interbank communications.
We look forward to seeing you at this event!
LGBT in the Financial Services Industry Summit
Interbank is supporting this summit which is being organised by City & Financial Global
30th October, London
20% discount – see below
Ruth Hunt, CEO, Stonewall, Lord Browne of Madingley, Former Group Chief Executive, BP and Inga Beale, CEO, Lloyd’s of London will lead a stellar panel at this event.
Building on City & Financial’s other conferences about diversity and inclusion in the FS industry, such as the recent Women in Finance Summit, this conference will focus on the LGBT community and the vital role that it plays in the success of financial services in the UK. The importance of LGBT issues has been much in the media recently, most recently with the Government’s proposed LGBT legislation, promised for this autumn. This highly topical conference will offer financial institutions a diverse and well-informed dialogue with industry leaders and government officials, and will enable delegates to:
- understand how to overcome the main challenges LGBT executives are facing in the workplace
- learn how FS businesses can move from promoting LGBT friendly strategies to creating a culture of true inclusion
Our exclusive speaker panel will share their practical and personal experiences of successful LGBT community engagement as well as offer advice on the best ways for firms to support LGBT employees
Other event themes include:
- Insights into inclusive leadership for the FS LGBT community – setting the tone from the top
- How to realise the potential of LGBT executives in the boardroom and in senior management
- Gender Recognition Bill – reviewing the legal perspective and implications for the financial services sector
- Promoting equality and diversity in the financial services sector – sharing practical and personal experiences and offering advice on the best ways for firms to support LGBT employees
- Where to start LGBT inclusion? Understanding the first steps, determining the right strategy and learning from the best practices shared by other organisations
- Perfecting your firm’s existing policies for LGBT community engagement
- How to progress LGBT equality, educate and empower employees in an inclusive workplace
- Best LGBT diversity practices for smaller financial services firms
- Is your firm’s diversity programme making an essential contribution to LGBT equality?
- Ruth Hunt, Chief Executive, Stonewall
- Inga Beale, Chief Executive Officer, Lloyd’s of London
- Lord Browne of Madingley, Former Group Chief Executive, BP
- Mark Buckle, Global Head of Learning, Barclays
- Pippa Dale, Head of Global Markets Roadshows, BNP Paribas
- Karen Newman, Creative Producer, Seahorse Films
- Phyll Opoku-Gyimah, Founder, UK Black Pride
- Marjorie Strachan, Global Head of Inclusion, RBS
- Richard Braham, Director, Insurance Coverage, Commonwealth Bank
- Jenny Fallover, London City Lesbians Who Tech, Co-Chair Gay Women’s Network and Stonewall’s Role Model of the Year 2017
- Paresh Ravat, Co-Chair, Interbank & Senior Collateral Analyst in Global Markets, BNP Paribas
- Emma Cusdin, Co-Founder, Trans*formation and People Director, Aviva
- Richard Beaven, Distribution Director, Swinton Insurance
- Andrew Lennox, Director, BlackRock
- Joseph Willams, Director, Diversity Recruitment Institute of Value and Excellence
- Karin Cook, Group Director, Operations, Lloyds Banking Group
- Sarah Hodgson, Data Analyst, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
As demand for attendance at the event is likely to be high, early booking is recommended
Monday 30th October 2017
Grange City Hotel, 8-14 Cooper’s Row, London, EC3N 2BQ
Standard Delegate Fee: £475 + VAT: £380.00 + VAT with code LGBT1-IB
Other booking options: (mention code)
T: 01932 340115
The Interbank LGBT Forum members also collaborate to sponsor and hold the following events:
- Monthly Networking Evening.
- BFI Flare: The London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival: the Interbank LGBT Forum sponsors a film at the annual festival held at the British Film Institute. To find out more about the festival, go to http://www.bfi.org.uk/flare
- Positive East Red Run: the Interbank LGBT Forum sponsored the Positive East Red Run 2017. For more details, please see http://www.redrun.org.uk
- Inside & Out: we speak at an annual recruitment event aimed at LGBT graduates to improve knowledge and awareness of roles in the investment banking industry. For more details, see http://www.insideandout-banking.co.uk/